Position: General Service Staff (Driver)
The ADB-Nepal Resident Mission (NRM) was created to support the organization's headquarters in executing projects and programs, processing projects, country programming, and economic and sector activities. Additionally, it coordinates ADB's efforts with those of other local NGOs, academic institutions, thinks tanks, the commercial sector, and other civil society organizations.
The contract will be until June 30, 2023, with the possibility of further extension.
• Supervisor: Designated senior National Staff and Administrative Staff
Description of Responsibilities:
To deliver dependable and secure transportation to ADB employees and visitors while maintaining the highest levels of secrecy and integrity responsibility, outstanding understanding of traffic laws and conditions in the area, protocol, and security concerns.
Specific criteria include
• Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level.
• Completion of Secondary Level Education (Class 10)
• Valid driving licenses (4-wheel and motorbike) are a must
• At least 3 years of work experience is required. Related experience in international agencies will be an advantage • Knowledge of driving rules and regulations is mandatory.
• Skills in minor vehicle repairs
• Must possess excellent driving skills on and off the road, including field driving experiences
• Knowledge of routes, road situation, government offices and driving experience in Kathmandu Valley. Knowledge of the ADB project sites will be an asset
• Good knowledge of English and Nepali languages
• Willing to work extra hours in off-hours, weekends and holidays
• Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member Ability to work with minimum supervision and maintain composure under pressure.
The goal of the Asian Development Bank is to eradicate poverty in the region. ADB was founded in 1966 and had its main office in Manila, Philippines. Its multicultural team is made up of roughly 68 people. The vacancy is a local position with a local remuneration package. It is open to national and permanent residents of Nepal.
Visit www.adb.org for more details about ADB.
Deadline & Applying Procedure:
By September 2, 2022, send an application quoting Ref. No. Contract-2022-1-NRM to:
Nepal Resident Mission
Asian Development Bank
Metro Park Building
Lazimpat, Ward No. 2
P.O.Box 5017, Kathmandu, Nepal
Fax: +977 1 4005137
Only those who have been shortlisted will be contacted. Applications that don't include the job reference number and title or those that use the incorrect email address won't be considered.